Five health benefits of jasmine
The incredible scent of jasmine is something that we don’t all get to experience in nature. These delicate white flowers bloom in spring, summer, and fall in warm, sunshiny areas. It can be tough to grow these lovely plants here in the Pacific Northwest or other northerly areas – unless you happen to have a greenhouse.
Fortunately, jasmine’s delightful scent has been captured in essential oils and bath and body products so that it can be enjoyed all year round.
Health Benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil
The scent of jasmine does more just delight the senses. It can provide several unexpected health benefits! Here are five ways using our jasmine products can help you, all day long:
1. Jasmine can work as a mood lifter, stimulating the release of mood brightening hormones like serotonin. A whiff of jasmine can bring you a burst of energy, reduce stress, and elevate your mood, making you happier and more productive throughout your day!
2. This flower has naturally antiseptic properties. Not only can jasmine essential oils be used as a topical antiseptic, it can even reduce respiratory infections and help to relieve cough symptoms when inhaled. So, just sniffing jasmine can make you feel more healthy!
3. It helps to improve dry, brittle, cracked, and even scarred skin. Jasmine naturally provides moisture to your skin, helping it feel smoother and more comfortable. It may also be used to reduce the appearance of scars and stretch marks.
Jasmine is also often used to help soothe and ease symptoms of eczema and other uncomfortable skin conditions.
4. Because jasmine can help to relieve stress, it is often used as a sleep aid. This scent can help keep your sleep calm and restful.
5. Jasmine is a great option for those who suffer from spasms or cramps. If you have a cough or cold, this scent can help prevent non-productive coughing and can alleviate other spasms caused by a tough workout, menstrual cramps, and more.
We bet you didn’t know all of the above about jasmine! If you are hoping to benefit from this fantastic oil, naturally, don’t hesitate to enjoy our organic, handmade jasmine lotion. It’s available both as a body lotion and as our ultra moisturizing hand and heel cream.